Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Amazing

It's amazing how the death of a loved one can give you a new meaning of life.
It's amazing how a bible can become an encyclopedia of knowledge.
It's amazing how you can hate the dead tree in your front yard for three years and realize one day that there are 6 bird families living there.
It's amazing how you can stare at the pasture across the street for 10 minutes and finally realize there are 5 deer grazing there peacefully.
It's amazing how you can wake in the morning to the sound of birds outside you window and feel happy instead of annoyed.
It's amazing how you can sit at the Junior High School for an hour waiting on your son to get off the bus and not feel bothered by the wait, but thankful that you have a child to wait on.
It's amazing how you can get so much joy from watching your 6 year old finally learn to tie his shoes and truly feel the excitement he feels and be so proud.
It's amazing how you can be in the middle of an argument with your husband and realize that fighting with him is the last thing you want to be doing so you stop talking and just say "I'm sorry and I love you!"

My life has changed so much in the last 6 months. I am at a place right now that I never thought I would be. After so much hardship and difficulty I feel renewed, like I have a fresh start. An opportunity to make a difference in some one's life. A chance to give comfort in times of sorrow. A chance to show compassion for a complete stranger. A chance to enjoy the little things that I was too busy to notice before. God talks to us everyday. The question is....."Are you listening?"

3 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Amen and Praise The Lord. Thank you for sharing and may we all be open to hear what you have been hearing. Isa:11:6-9
Your painful journey and thoughtful writings are touching more souls than you know and by God's will this will multiply the blessings.

Thank you for gifting us with Andy, Ronnie and our Forever Baby Joliane. Each one is unique, special, loved and has a place in our hearts and lives.

With love,
Nana and Papa

The Claytons said...

Very powerful, Amazing post! I love to come to your blog and read your posts. They are very uplifting :O) It's Amazing what an awesome sister in law I have! I am so thankful that God crossed our paths and created the great family that we all share. I love you!

Kim

Crystal M. said...

WOW!! I have tears in my eyes reading that, it was so powerful!! You are amazing Crystal, I know so many people who have special needs kids and who have lost their kids and there are only 2 ways you can really go with your life when this stuff happens, take it and run showing the world we can do this and we help others as well. OR you hide and never let the world know you are broken and never look for the help you really need.
You are of course taking this and doing wonderful things. I am so proud to know you!!
Hugs and God Bless,
Crystal and Eva

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround