Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Busy Day Today

I have a lot to write about today so I will just jump right in. I have never seen a headstone placed so when they called us this morning to tell us that they were going to set Jolianne's headstone and that they would like for someone to be there I was glad that I was available to go.

This was the first step. Placing the concrete slab down.

The next thing they did was place the granite base down on top of the concrete.

The last step is to place the headstone on the base.
I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I will be glad when the grass grows in a little bit and there isn't so much raised dirt. We also have two vases that will go on the sides but they are not here yet. I am looking forward to placing flowers in the vases. It was soooo cold out there this morning. The guys that were doing the work were super sweet and they made me laugh for most of the process. It really helped me to feel more at ease about being there alone. Everyone that we have worked with on Jolianne's funeral and cemetery services have been so nice and kind.
While I was over in the cemetery area I went by Hiett's and picked up Jo Jo's death certificate. That made me sad a little. I looked over it and everything was the way it was suppose to be. When I got home I put it with her birth certificate. That was a hard thing to do also. Sometimes I will just start crying. When things remind me of Jo Jo or when I look at her pictures. Most of the time I am doing pretty well considering the situation.
Yesterday I got a dog from my friend Delores. He is a black pug. I named him Nikko, pronounced Nee-ko. He is such a sweet little doggie. He did really well last night. He slept in his crate and only whimpered a little when when turned off the lights. He is good about telling us when he has to go potty but then when we go outside he acts really scared and then goes Poo when he gets back in!!! He is too funny.


Little Nikko in his new shirt.

I went today and got him a leash and collar so that I can keep up with him when we go outside. I also got him a little bed to sleep in. I am hoping once he gets used to our home he can sleep in his bed instead of the crate.

Nikko in his new bed.
I am really enjoying Nikko being around. The boys just adore him also. He is so laid back. He will just sit there and lay with you for hours!!! I hope that everyone is having a good day today.





4 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

The monument is beautiful. You couldn't have picked a more fitting tribute. I know this will be a very special place for you and Jeremy to go when times are rough. I can just see baby JoJo in the arms of Jesus. It is like a picture of her there. You truely honor her.

All Our Love,
Nana and Papa

Crystal M. said...

Her stone is beautiful, I love it. I am glad you have been able to work with caring and loving people who know how to help. I think that job and hospital employees need to be caring and understanding if they are not then they need to find new jobs.
Your new pup is adorable, he looks so cute and loving.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

The Claytons said...

Wow Jeremy and Crystal, her headstone is so beautiful!

Your new puppy is so cute!


I love ya'll,

Kim

Abby Lynn said...

Oh Crystal,
Her stone is gorgeous! I am so happy for you. It's absolutley beautiful. Nikko is so flippin cute! look forward to talking to you soon. Hang in there, I'm here for you too.
CarrieAnn

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround