Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Angel Baby

It's been a while since I have written. We are all doing well. Ronnie signed up for Awanas last week at church and Andy enjoys fellowship with the youth group. Jeremy and I have been going on Wednesday nights as well. The other day Jeremy said to me, "Now I know why people go to church on Wednesday and Sunday." It is true. We really enjoy the fellowship with everyone up there. They are like a second family. It really does help me to get through the week when I can get that little Wednesday boost!!! It helps me keep my focus on trying to live my life the way God wants. Jeremy and I have decided to become members of the church on Sunday. I am very excited. We feel so blessed to have found a church home.

I went to see Jo Jo today. (It is still kinda weird for me to say "see Jo Jo today") When I drove up there was a little baby bird sitting in front of her stone. It brought a smile to my face. That sweet little baby bird, tilting it's head from side to side and singing a happy tune. It reminded me of my Little Jo, always so eager to see the world around her. Lately when I think of her I am content. I miss her like crazy and I always will, but most of the time when I think of her I just smile and thank God for giving me a little piece of Heaven, even if it was just for a short time.

I have started baking again. As a little girl, I loved to make cookies, muffins, pies, cakes...desserts were my specialty. I was so excited to have a daughter and share my love of baking with her. I decided that I would start making desserts again. Even though Jo Jo is not physically here with me, it is still time that I can take for myself to feel close to her. I think it helps with my grieving if I can think positively about her. I don't want to sit around thinking, "I should be doing this with her", or "I should be doing that". Those thought make life so unbearable. Instead I focus on, "I really enjoy doing this activity" and because I am happy, it brings me closer to Jo Jo. When I laugh she is with me, when I smile she is with me. She is always with me. She is my Angel Baby, always in my heart.

5 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful post.

I am very happy to hear that you were led to this church. Sounds as though they were an answer to prayer. I know they prayed for you and have been a support to you all.
I have the feeling that you and your Angel Baby will surely bless many souls thru your baking! And Jeremy has many talents that he will be able to share as well. I think your new church will be blessed to have you as part of their body.

I was very excited to hear about the little baby bird. I know this will bring joy to Pam's heart as well. Was it a blue bird?

Really glad to see your post.

We love you!

Nana and Papa

Crystal M. said...

I cried reading about the bird on her stone, make me think of Carrie and Abby and all the signs she got going to "see" Abby. She will have to tell you about them.
I am so glad to hear how well you are doing and I hope you continue to look at things so possitivly.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

The Claytons said...

Hi Crystal,

That is so neat that ya'll have found a church home that you all can become members of with such a great support system. I love your baby bird story..... so sweet! You always look to the positive with everything which I am always in awe of. I love ya and I miss ya! Can't seem to catch you on the phone lately.

Love,
Kim

Abby Lynn said...

Crystal....
I know we havent talked lately.Sorry, have had alot here going on! Got into your blog, and saved it so I can go there anytime.
It looks like JoJo is healing yopu well.Abby is always on my mind as well.Take care of yourself.Look forward to talking to you soon.
Carrie

Unknown said...

Still following your blogs, Crystal...I love to read how you are doing...
Marcella

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround