Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Saturday, February 6, 2010

$$Feeding Teenage Boys$$

Andy had his friend Junior and his cousin Hunter come over to stay the night last night in celebration of his birthday.
In preparation I stopped by the store to get some "snacks" for the boys to munch on while they were up last night. We also got 4 large pizzas for dinner. I picked out 3 different bags of chips, cookies, chicken nuggets, Crunch 'n Munch, crackers w/ cheese spray, 2 different punches, Root Beer, and cookies to make. (see below) These kiddos really have an appetite. Hunter is 11, Junior is 12 and Andy is 13 for two more days!! It was fun to see them having a good time. We even played Beatles Rock Band. I was surprised to see my husband singing some of the songs with the kids also. (He never sings!!) I had a duet or two with Andy and Hunter. Finally the boys went to Andy's room to watch Supernatural and Ronnie and Emma went to his room to watch Pinocchio. Emma is Hunter's sister and she came to play with Ronnie. We had a pretty good evening. I was very happy with everything.

Ronnie and Emma woke me up bright and early at 7:00 ready for breakfast. Surprisingly the older boys woke up as well. I was prepared to go all out on breakfast, Jeremy even helped me. We had pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and Sunny Delight. Everyone ate everything we cooked. My niece Emma told me, "Aunt Crystal, everything is sooo good, I thought it was going to be bad but it wasn't. She is too cute. She wasn't too big on the idea of me making pancakes from scratch, but I am really glad that she liked it.

After breakfast I decided to do some baking with Ronnie and Emma. I am a firm believer in place and bake cookies. I think they are one of the best inventions ever made, but sometimes you need to do some breaking of eggs and mixing of flour. It's just good for the soul. I let each of the kids pick the kind of cookies they wanted to make. Ronnie picked double chocolate fudge and Emma picked chocolate chip cookies. They had so much fun mixing everything together. They even got a kick out of licking the spoons when we were done mixing. I did the baking part and when we were done they were super proud of their creations. Here is a picture of them with the finished product.

Don't they just look so adorable. This could be in a magazine add. We had such a great time with our company this weekend. I hope that we can do something like this again soon!!!

3 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

WoW! Looks and sounds like a very fun time was had. Bet you and Jeremy are exhausted! Thank you for keeping Hunter and Emma both. Gave Nana some much needed quiet time! :-) And since I can't remember Emma ever seeing me cook cookies or pancakes from scratch..come to think of it, I'm not sure if I Have ever cooked either from scratch! LOL I'm guessing she won't quit talking about it for days! You're right..the pic is too cute!
(Andy, I really did have your b-day card with $ ready to go, but papa left it in the garage! We'll call you on Monday "I just can not believe you will be 14! You can let me know if you want mail or to wait till Johnathan's b-day)

Love you all-Thanks again!
Nana

The Claytons said...

It looks and sounds like everyone had a very good time! I hope that you can do it again soon and that picture definitely could go in a magazine :O) Hopefully the twins can come do a sleepover soon (we may be meeting half way to give them back before the sleep over happens LOL). Glad that ya'll are having a nice weekend!

Love ya'll!


p.s. wish I could of been there for breakfast.... sounds absolutely yummy!!

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a great day!! Those cookies look yummy, I wanted to reach through the screen and eat some...LOL!! Glad you were all able to have a nice night.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround