Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Thursday, January 21, 2010

One of my better days.

I had a pretty good day today. I have been helping my dad out lately during the day so that keeps me busy. When I got home I decided to look through the pamphlets and books I have received lately. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were a lot of comforting stories to read. I didn't linger too long though. I guess I have this fear of getting too down. I feel like I always have to be protecting myself from the dark side of things. I was talking to my mom last night and she said that she felt that way too, like she wanted to protect me from hurting, but that she didn't know exactly how to do that. I know that it is natural for me to feel the grief, it just scares me to let it have too much control. It is a fine line to walk when you are trying to keep your well being in check. Some may say I'm in denial about things, those people may be right, I am not really sure though. I am very aware that my daughter is no longer here, but I am terrified of sinking into a deep dark depression. My mom said that maybe the reason I have bad dreams every night is because I am not dealing with my grief during the day. I am blocking so much out for my sanity. But is has to go somewhere, it doesn't just disappear, it sinks into the back of my mind and comes out when I don't have control of my feelings. I am not so sure that this is healthy. For now it is what it is. Not really sure what phase of grieving I am in, certainly no where near the end. I do feel like I want to be strong for my children. I feel bad when I break down in front of them. I know that it is stupid for me to feel bad but I can't help it. I want their lives to be somewhat normal, I know that it will all come in time. I just need to keep my faith and find strength in God.

3 comments:

The Claytons said...

Your posts are so well written (as always). I check your page often to check in on you. Sometimes I cannot pick up the phone to call you but I am always thinking about you and wondering how you are doing from day to day. You are a very strong person and I know that God will continue to give you the strength to get out of bed everyday and go about your daily routine. I dont think that you are in denial at all, like you said you are aware of everything that has gone on. My heart aches for you and just like your mother wants to protect you from hurting I wish I could do something too. I want to help you but there is nothing that I can do besides call and make you laugh or just call and talk to you. I know we are just sister in laws by marriage but I feel like you are my sister and I wish I could do something or say something to make things easier for you to get through on your hard days. I love you!

Kim

Unknown said...

i love the family pic up the top

Nana and Papa said...

There is not an hour that passes in the day that I am not thinking of, crying for, praying for all of you. I have no words of wisdom to impart but I want you to know that we love you very much and want to support you in any way we can. I don't think there is any pain as hard to bare as grief. Please take care of your health and continue to cling to each other and the Lord.
Love,
Mom and Dad

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround