Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mail and Cows (just keep reading)

It is so weird, but this past week I have gotten so much mail about "The Loss of Your Child". It's like I was put on some kind of mailing list or something. I don't want to read any of it either. I'm not really sure why, but I just don't. It feels weird because when I flip through them they are all telling me what is OK for me to feel. I don't really need books for that. I know how I feel. I don't really care if someone wrote it down on a piece of paper to make it OK. The truth of the matter is, it's almost as if reading all of those pamplets will make everything even more real than it already is. All they do is make me feel depressed (a feeling I have been trying desprately to avoid.)Maybe eventually I will get around to reading them, for now I will focus on the fictional pieces. I have completely submerged myself in the Twilight series. I read Eclipse last week and I have moved on to Breaking Dawn Sunday evening. I can't put the books down. It is like a little escape for me. A vacation from reality. I get so wrapped up in the stories. It feels nice to get away for a while and not have to deal.

I have been doing pretty good about keeping busy. The boys where off on Monday and Tuesday. It was nice to get to spend time with them. Ronnie got a new scooter for Christmas and he wanted to take it for a ride down the street. I drove us to the blacktop and he scooted along while I walked behind him. I stared to think back to when my brothers and I would ride our bikes and roller blade down that very road. We felt so free to be out "on our own" exploring the world around us. It made me happy to know that Ronnie was getting to feel that way now. There are perks to living in the country. You aren't really in danger of traffic while you are enjoying yourself being a kid. It is nice as a grown up also. You get to sit on your porch and no one around to bother you or be annoying. There is a group of cows that come into our yard every night. We don't even think anything of it anymore. Those three black cows have somehow become part of our family. Jeremy said to me last night that he thought it was kind of cool to have cows in the yard. We'll see what the thinks when he steps in a cow paddy!!! ha ha That will probably be more funny to me than to him but oh well, you gotta get your laughs however and whenever you can.

2 comments:

The Claytons said...

Gotta love them cows! I will laugh right along with you when you report that he steps in a cow paddy.... and of course I know that it wont be too funny to him.... unless..... you are the first to do so.... ha ha ha!! Laughter is the best medicine and I was so glad that I had a short story to share with you about Cameron to make you laugh last night :O) I love you sis!


Kim

My Beautiful Life said...

aww, Chris tells stories all the time of when you guys were kids living out there, I love just sitting and listening to them. Like the time you broke the coffee table...and so many more :) well I am glad to see that you're doing better. We can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround