Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Easter Basket

Basket that I made for Jolianne's Room
Jolianne's basket at the cemetery


I have been going back and forth with myself this month trying to decide if I should do an Easter Basket for Jo Jo. I went to the store today to get stuff for the boys' baskets and when I was in the Easter section I noticed this cute dainty pink basket with pink frillies around the edges. The moment I saw it I knew that I had to get it. I went to the eggs and saw the cutest little eggs decorated with butterflies and flowers and I knew I had to get them as well. I thought to myself, "I need to make Jolianne a basket too, I don't care how silly it may seem to anyone else. I need to do this for her." It gave me such joy to sit and think about how I was going to decorate all of the kids' baskets.

I want to ask you all to do something special this week. Make an Easter Basket for a loved one who is now in Heaven. I know that it may be hard to do, but this is what I hope for you. While you make your basket, think of only happy memories that you have of your loved one. Take some time and write down some of your favorite memories and place your writings in some of the eggs you have chosen. Imagine that your special someone is looking down from Heaven to see the beautiful gift you have made. (I believe that they will be!) If you can, take your basket to the cemetery as a memorial. It would even be special to have your basket be the centerpiece for your Easter lunch or dinner with your family. I believe in continuing to remember our loved ones through acts of love and kindness. The greatest gifts ever given are from your heart!!!

Please remember on Easter that Jesus gave his life for you and me. He loves us with all of his heart. His Easter gift for us is everlasting life.

Love you all,
Crystal

5 comments:

The Claytons said...

Such a neat idea! I would love to see the one you have created for JoJo (and I am sure I will hopefully).


Love ya!

Kim

Abby Lynn said...

Hey Girlie...
I know....I did the same thing for Abby this year. I had to, in my heart...I just HAD to.I will take it to the cemetary.And I know she's looking down at me going Ohh mommy~I hear you.Totally.
Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter.Take Care.Love Ya.
Freinds always.
CarrieAnn

Crystal M. said...

You and CarrieAnn have come so far and it brings tears to my eyes knowing your little girls are looking down from heaven giggling and saying "We have the worlds greatest mothers"
Love to all,
Crystal and Eva

Abby Lynn said...

I dont know if you've gotten over to Abby's page..we let balloons go on Easter...we, my husband, my son an I, wrote angel names on them..Abby shared hers with Jolianne. So, it was very emotional. Wishing you the best, I emailed you last night too babe.
Take Care.
CarrieAnn

Abby Lynn said...

Crystal....
JoJo's basket is amazing. You truly did a wonderful job on it.
I am moved to tears. I made Abby one, a small one , a little furry chickee, flowers..a few eggs...pinwheel, and butterflies.
We truly made our angels beautiful baskets this year.
hugz, Carrie.

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround