Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time Just Seems To Fly

I can't believe that the first week of August is almost over. We only have two weeks until school starts back. I have had so much fun this summer with the boys. It feels like just a few weeks ago school was getting out for the summer. I started getting ready for school a few weeks ago and I am very happy to say that I have all the school supplies purchased and all the clothes bought. I have a few more shirts to get for Andy and I will be finished. I am very excited that we are all getting ready to go back to school. I pray that this year is a good year for everyone, especially coming off of the year we've had. It is hard to believe a year ago I was placed on bedrest in the hospital. It seems like a life time ago. Time sure does seem to fly by lately.

Ronnie and I are going to be going to Splash Kingdom sometime in the next week. It is soooo hot this week so we may have to wait until next week and go in the morning. We have been working on him following directions the first time he is told. I have been doing a color system and when he is acting bad he has to turn his stick to a different color. He starts at green, then moves to yellow, then red, and then black. If he has a black stick that means he has had a very hard day. I promised him if he could keep his stick green for one week that we would go to the water park. It took us a little while but we finally have a green week!!! I hope that he can stay having green sticks for the rest of the summer. I really hate having to spend so much time getting on to the kids.

Andy will be going to D Now starting on Saturday. It is a really awesome three day event for the youth at church. I hope that this really reaches out to Andy. I feel like he has been so lost lately. We have really been struggling with him making good choices. He has been grounded from his phone and iPod all summer long and he just can't seem to get things together. I pray that he will get on the right track. I pray that God will put something together for me, I feel like I am out of options with him and not really sure where to go from here. I can take things away all day long but he needs to learn to make the right decision. It is easy for him not to use the phone late at night when I am keeping all the phones in my bedroom. The first time I forget to take them in there he is right back to making calls at 2 and 3 in the morning. I wish that he would respect our rules and do the right thing on his own. I know that he is at a difficult age so I need to find some way to get through to him. Grounding doesn't work, getting rewards doesn't work, taking things away doesn't work, giving extra chores doesn't work. Anyone who has suggestions please leave a comment for me. I don't want to give up on my boy. I know that there is a way, I just have to find it!!! (maybe I should try the color sticks with Andy and see if they work!!! ha ha)

I hope that everyone is having a blessed day,
Crystal

No comments:

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround