Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Ronnie

My Little Ham!!

Well yesterday was Ronnie's seventh birthday. I meant to post something for him but life got a little busy as usual so I am updating now.
Ronnie Daniel Clayton was born on August 23, 2003 at Mother Francis Hospital in Tyler. He came after a long 19 hour labor that was induced because of my high blood pressure. Ronnie Daniel is not a very common name so let me tell you where it came from. Ronnie is my father-in-law's name. It is not short for Ronald, it is simply Ronnie. Daniel is my father's name. So we put the two names together and came up with Ronnie Daniel in honor of both of our fathers. Everyone on Jeremy's side of the family calls him Little Ronnie. It is pretty funny because Ronnie has never been little. He came into this world weighing nine pounds, at 38 weeks. If I would have carried him to 40 weeks he would have been 10 lbs. I always joked around and said that I got a 3 month old instead of a new born!!!
As he has gotten older I have seen such an amazing heart in him. He is always honest, even when it sounds brutal he adds love to the end so you just can't help but laugh. Example...He will tell me, "Mommy I really love that you are "fluffy", it makes it more comfortable when I lay on you and have cushion. I love you so much Mommy." Now if it were anyone else I would probably leave the room in tears!!! But not Ronnie, he has no intention of hurting my feelings, he was just sharing his thoughts with me.
Ronnie has never met a stranger. He will talk to absolutely anyone. It doesn't matter where we are. He loves to tell people things about his day or what we are going to be doing when we get home. One time were were at Wal-Mart getting a colander and Ronnie thought that he needed to tell the woman on the isle that his brother Andy had broken the colander that we had so we were getting a new one. He then let her know that you do not wear them on your head, even thought they make a really cool hat. He also invited her to our house for dinner. And told her we have the wooden house with the green roof if she needed directions. He is such a Ham!! He always has people laughing or smiling when he is around. He is a bright ray of sunshine for our family. He really keeps us on our toes and wondering what is coming next!!!
I pray that Ronnie will continue to grow in Christ. He is always so excited about anything and everything to do with Church or Bible Study. I hope that he keeps his heart open to God and listens to what the Lord has in store for him. I know that he will do amazing things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ronnie!
We love you soooo much! And Papa couldn't be prouder than to have a name sake as smart, loving and cute as you! I remember when you were really small that you weren't as generous as you are now with your hugs and kisses for Nana. Of all our grandsons you are the most "All boy" I think you could take apart a house and put it back together again! :-) We take joy in your every accomplishment and your every antic! What a ham!
Stay sweet
All our love,
Nana and Papa "Big Ronnie" :-)
Nana and Papa "Big Ronnie :-)

The Claytons said...

Happy Birthday Ronnie Daniel Clayton! I love you! Speaking of being a ham, Uncle John called to wish him a happy birthday yesterday and he told him "I am watching a movie".... John was like ok... and Ronnie says "Ummm.... I am a movie!" John said OH OK ... well I was calling to wish you a happy birthday and Ronnie says "oh, Ok, thanks!" It cracked me up this morning when John told me how he said it and all. Hope that makes sense in writing LOL. Anyways hope you had a wonderful birthday... and I know too that you will do amazing things!!


Love, Aunt Kim

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround