Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blessed

Have you ever sat down and really thought about how blessed you are. I think that it is so easy to get caught up in day to day life and we forget to stop and acknowledge how awesome God is. This past week I have really gotten a chance to see how amazing His plan really is. The way He works in people's lives and puts things together, so often I hear the phrase, "how weird is it that such and such thing happened", or "what a coincidence that was" I always want to say, "That is God working in our lives." Sometimes I say it out loud and sometimes I just think it. Either way, I feel so blessed that I can see it for what it really is. There was a time in my life when I would have just ignored God's work and said, "Yeah, that really is weird!" This past week I thought a lot about when Jolianne was in the hospital. I have been talking with Kim a lot while she is up at the hospital with Christopher and so many things just come flooding back to me. Some of the stuff I was surprised to realize, I had forgotten. I think that is God's way of making things easier for me. So many times after we lost Jo Jo I would hear that it gets easier and I really wasn't sure how all that was going to work out. Now I understand. This past week I have had the opportunity to witness the power of prayer. It is so amazing to feel God's presence in a room. To know that He is hearing you. Christopher's name was lifted up by so many friends and family. We all feel so blessed to have such a great support team of people that care.

Another way that I felt blessed this week is when Ronnie and I were Baptized together. I was Baptized when I was 14 as a Methodist but I feel so differently about my relationship with God now that I wanted to be re-baptized as a Baptist. Ronnie asked God into his heart last month so it was really amazing to get to experience that together. To be in the water with him, standing behind him. I hope that he knows that I will be right there for him always.

There are so many things that we can be thankful for. Even when we feel that everything has gone wrong and nothing seems to be going our way. God is there. He doesn't ever turn away from us. I can testify that even on the darkest days, when you think there's no way you're ever gonna be OK, God is holding you so tight. He will see you through and make sure that you will see the light again.

Love always,
Crystal

2 comments:

The Claytons said...

Thank you so much for all the prayers for my sweet little boy, your sweet little nephew. Thank you for being there the day of his surgery and on the phone w/ me through all of my vents. Prayer is so powerful and amazing to me. Wish I could of been there for the baptisms. Hope to see pictures of it :O)

Love ya!
Kim

Nana and Papa said...

Dear Crystal,
Thank you for your post. As we've come to realize even though they may not all be revealed to you there are others who read your blog. Through the grace of God I feel certain that your story has helped a mother, father or grandparent of another angel baby who was been called home too soon.
Seeing John and Kim have to endure watching their precious little boy go through a heart surgery and hospital stay was so very hard not only because of being worried for Christopher but also for worrying about the painful memories that it would bring back to you and Jeremy. But, there you both were to support your brother and sister. I can't express how proud I am of you all!

I can honestly say there is not a day and hardly an hour that goes by that I don't think of Jolianne. But, you are right that God does give us the gift of healing as time goes by. I'm reading a book called Growing In Christ. It's by several top authors but it starts with Rick Warren author of A Purpose driven life. I haven't read his book but this one is really speaking to me about our little JoJo. A couple of excerpts like "You were born by His purpose and for His purpose. Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your Book!"
Of course there is much more. But I can only tell you that I have seen such a transformation in you and Jeremy and the way that you glorify the Lord. And from that all of your family can only look to you and say if they can do it I can certainly do it! By your example you are showing others, (some you know and others you won't know) how powerful the Love of Christ can be. And even though you have walked through the valley of death you have humbled yourselves and give Him praise.
Because of the purpose of one beautiful baby girl that he allowed us to behold we have a story to tell. Because of Jolianne Charlene Clayton generations will be blessed.

With much love,
Mom Clayton

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround