Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Monday, May 10, 2010

Amazing Weekend

Hello Everyone,
I had such an amazing weekend. On Saturday I went to see The Gaither Homecoming concert in Fort Worth with all of my family. It was Myself, Kim, Kim's mom Barb, my mom Debbie, my mother-in-law Sylvia and my niece Emma. We had a girls day to celebrate Mother's Day. I was so excited when I got to meet The Martins. A little while after Jolianne had passed away I was watching the Gaither music show and The Martins came on and sang a song called The Promise. I cried through the entire song. It touched my heart soooo much. It was so awesome to get to meet them and take a picture with them!!! We had an all day venture. We met for Lunch at T.G.I.Fridays, then we went to the concert from 3:00 until 7:30. I didn't get home until almost 10:00. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family to spend time with. On Saturday Jeremy took the boys on a Father/Son day out. They went to Tyler and watched How to Train Your Dragon. Ronnie had been wanting to see that movie for a while now. I am glad that the guys also got to have some fun. On Sunday we went to church and then to my Mom's house for lunch with my brother Zach and sister-in-law Stacy. My dad made some really good steaks!!! We exchanged gifts and then spend some time talking together. My boys picked out a beautiful bed set for me. It is my favorite color, green. Now let me tell you a little story about green blankets. My husband hates green. HATES IT. Since we have been married I have not been allowed to get any sheets or bedding that is green. But this year he was OK with me having my favorite color of bed sheets. That was so sweet. It is actually a cream color with green palm leaves on it, it is very comfy also.

Ronnie has started playing baseball. He is on the Red Sox this year, number 10. He has been playing outfield so far. I hope that the coach will let him play a little infield. He is a lot more focused this year than last year. He pays attention and does not play in the dirt or pick flowers like he did last year. I hope that he has a good season. He really loves playing baseball.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal,

It really was an amazing weekend! It was a lot of fun having a girls day and good of the guys to watch the kids that long! It really felt like a group of girl friends together in spite of the age difference. Oh and maybe in spite of Emma having to get a nap time in on yours and Debbie's laps!:-)

I had prayed that God would use a song to bless us with some healing during the concert. I had never heard The Promise and didn't realize it was special to you but when they started singing, I knew that was the song we were there to hear! Little did I know how nice the Martins would be during the intermission. Do you think God sent us music and messengers to tell us it will be ok and that he was with us and our baby girl this Mother's Day weekend?
Now the Martins are one of my favorite groups too!
Don't forget to tell Ronnie that cousin Hunter is a Red Sox too! Go Sox!

Love ya,
Mom Clayton

The Claytons said...

Had an awesome time w/ 4 awesome women and an awesome little girl :O) So glad that we were able to spend that time together. I really enjoyed myself at lunch and at the concert. Love ya Crystal!


Love,

Sid ;O)

Amy Young said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. They say there are so many different phases of grief. You are so blessed to have such great kids and a wonderful husband to get you through this. Love your postings!!

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround