Jeremy and Ronnie

Jeremy and Ronnie

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life (A Second Chance To Give Him Praise)

Life is such a funny thing. You never really know where it will lead you. I have signed up to sing a song at our Church's 5th Sunday Showcase next weekend. I never would have imagined that I would be brave enough to stand on a stage in front of a group of people and sing a song. A fellow Praise Team member, Bud has agreed to learn the guitar part of the song so that we can sing on stage together while he plays the song for us. I was talking with Bud this afternoon at Church and he said to me, "You always have to be on your toes with God, you never know what He will ask you to do." That is so true. Sometimes he calls you to do things that scare you to death. The best thing of all is that when you know that he is with you, the fear goes away. I am very excited that he has called me to share a song with everyone. The song that I chose is called, "I'm Still Yours". This song really means a lot to me because it talks about still giving praise to God even when things aren't going your way. Even when your world is falling down around you, He deserves your appreciation for the life that he has given you. My prayer is that it touches someone else's heart the way it touched mine.



As the school year drawls to an end my boys seem to be struggling more than ever. Andy and Ronnie are getting very restless and are ready for the year to be over. They have gotten in trouble on the bus, at school and at home quite a bit. I am praying that they will make it for the next two weeks with no more trouble. I have a lot planned for us this summer together. I have not been off work during the summer sine Ronnie was 6 months old. I hope that we can reconnect and have a great time. We have all had such a difficult year we really need some together time.



I have decided to go back to school this fall. I am going to study Nursing. I ordered a study guide this past week so that I can get started studying for the entrance exam. I hope that I get picked for the program that starts next January. I will have to take Human Growth and Development, A&P and Medical Terminology this fall in order to qualify for my application. I am very excited about this turn around in my life. I have been praying that God would lead me to a job that I really enjoy. One that I will be proud of and that I have a passion for. I am so grateful that He has sent me this opportunity to pursue my dreams.

4 comments:

The Claytons said...

Crystal.
That is so cool! I want to come see you and hear you sing! I have to figure out just how I am going to do that!

Sorry to hear that the boys have "summer fever" already! I know the feeling... it is going on here as well! I will pray that God gives ya'll the strength to make it through these next few weeks together and have a strong finish :O)

I am so glad that ya'll are going to be able to spend the summer together and I hope that you can reconnect... I am sure ya'll will... you are such an amazing mommy!!

Nursing? That is AWESOME! I am so glad to hear that God has lead you in this direction. I know that you will do well, I will pray that you will be accepted into the program!

I love you! We haven't got to talk a lot recently, looking forward to doing that soon.


Love,

Kim

Nana and Papa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana and Papa said...

Dear Crystal,
I am amazed and thrilled that you are able and willing to step forward in faith to sing the praises of the Lord. So many people would like to have the courage to do so (including myself) but aren't able to release their fears to God and truely listen to what he wants you to do for him.
I could not be more proud of both you and Jeremy for first allowing the Holy Spirit to help minister to you in your heartbreak of losing your baby girl.
And now allowing God to use you both in Song, Drama and participation in a spirit filled church to tell His story and opportunities to share your story to help others going through similar circumstances!
And to hear that you are going to pursue nursing! Once again, it is an answer to prayer and a chance for you to witness through your understanding, compassion and love. You are such a blessing. I know you and your Angel Baby will be able to share a multitude of blessings to others together!
I will be there Sunday and Can't Wait!

Love you lots!
Mom Clayton

Unknown said...

i love you crystal

About Me

My name is Crystal. I am 31 years old. I am married and the mother of three beautiful children. Andy is the oldest. He is 14 and loves to play the drums and play video games. Ronnie is next at 6 years old. He loves to play outside and run around all over the place. He is a true blue boy through and through. Jolianne is our sweet angel up in Heaven. She went to be with our Lord on January 3, 2010. I am not working at the moment and I enjoy spending quality time with my children.

backbround